03 March, 2011

Son of a bitch

I'm sitting at home writing a blog instead of working because at 7:30 this AM I walked out to my car to start my journey to the cancer center and discovered somebody broke into my car.  My GPS (I had a security code on it so hopefully it's useless to whomever has it now), iPod (this thing is ancient in iPod years...so again, hopefully they didn't get much value from it), a jacket, and some car chargers were the only things taken as far as I can tell at this point.  Nothing of major value but I am damn annoyed.  The most annoying thing is that I had to wait all morning for places to open before I could do anything.  There is glass everywhere.  The passenger window was broken but even the drivers seat has glass all over it.  I'm trying to find a place that will fix my window today so I don't have to miss another day of work.  This has proved to be more of a challenge than I expected but I think I finally found a place. 

Glass everywhere

They went through my glove compartment and threw everything on the front seat.  And you can see the glass on the floor.

 I called the apartment complex so they're aware and can take of of the glass in the parking lot.  I called the police to file a report...I'm not expecting anything to be recovered of course...but just so they're aware.  The lady on the phone was a little less than pleasant to talk with...lecturing me about this is why anything of value should never never be left in a car.  Wow, really?  I never thought of that.  I know she has to deal with stuff like this every day but I wasn't whining, bitching, or crying about this so I don't think the lecture was really necessary.

I guess, trying to be glass half full, at least this didn't happen last Thursday because A) it was my birthday and B) there's no way I could have taken the day off work.  We were way too busy.

1 comment:

  1. That sucks! I've had that happen too and it makes me frustrated with society.

    ReplyDelete

If you don't have and don't want to create a Google or Blogger account you should be able to use the "Name/URL" or "Anonymous" (just leave your name in the comment) option from the drop down menu below the comment box when leaving a comment!