05 January, 2012

So long 2011, hello 2012

It seemed to be a Kenai themed Christmas this year. Lots of dog themed things, treats for him, and other goodies.
Let's start with Kenai's lovely Christmas outfit.  Muahaha
Because my parents like to encourage my bad habits they sent matching pajamas for Kenai and me for Christmas...and this was by far the most entertaining picture of that moment.  Kenai looks like he's laying down the law.

Twinsies

Kenai looooves Christmas
I felt like this was my first "adult Christmas".  Paul and I actually made dinner for Christmas.  Roast chicken, broccoli casserole, and mashed potatoes.  Simple, not "traditional," but tasty.

Kenai was sure not to stray far.  I know the paper crown makes it look like we work at Burger King but it was part of a gift and we thought this was as good as time as any to wear them.
Show that chicken who's boss!
A real meal. Like an adult.


In addition to the lovely PJs Mom & Dad gave Kenai and myself, they sent one of those clay ornaments that you make with a paw print.  As you can imagine, it was a funny, frustrating, entertaining task.

The subject of our Christmas art project

"What are you doing??" Getting the clay (or whatever) ready for the ornament making.




It took both Paul and I but we finally got the paw print!

Kenai closely supervising as I write his name and date the ornament

Final product

One last entertaining Kenai related gift:

Best dog toy ever

Mine!

Since Paul and I had Monday off we headed down to the San Francisco Zoo.  Even though it's not a particularly big zoo we spent most of the day there.  Paul suggested we get there early for the penguin feeding.  That was a great suggestion.  I definitely got my money's just in that bit.




These two guys were ready to eat.  They were staked out in the eating area well before feeding time started.

This guy however didn't emerge from "bed" until breakfast was being handed out...my kind of penguin.

Conga line of penguins heading for some food
Hunting for some food in the water

So, for the record, there was NO zoom used for this picture.  I was really this close to a GOD DAMN grizzly bear! I was minorly freaking out.
I don't remember what this thing was but it looked like a dinosaur

Aaand we're checking out our feet
Polar bear with his treat

Kangaroo letting it all hang out
Watching chimpanzees is crazy...they're so close to human, yet not.

Sleeping Koalas.  They looked like stuffed animals

Wine and IPA at the zoo.  Welcome to the bay area.

A lot of lawn ornaments

On the lookout.


The two in the back were about to throw down.


It's not a great picture, but it's a monkey with a mustache...it needs to be posted.



Looks a little awkward to me, but hey whatever works.
We watched the gorillas for at least 20 minutes.  The baby was way cute.

2011 shaped up to be a pretty decent year but I have a feeling 2012 will be even better.  *fingers crossed*  After our outing at the zoo and say so far, so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have and don't want to create a Google or Blogger account you should be able to use the "Name/URL" or "Anonymous" (just leave your name in the comment) option from the drop down menu below the comment box when leaving a comment!