As I stated not too long ago, I don't like to create "resolutions" at the new year...instead I like that around my birthday...it's the beginning of my new year.
Here are some of resolutions/goals (that I feel like sharing):
In the next year/already started:
Lose 15-20 pounds (basically the weight I gained once I went back to school) <--- 5 pounds down
Get back into the running game - complete a few 5Ks and at least one 1/2 marathon...maybe throw a 10K in there ;o)
I'm also trying to do some yoga on regular basis...for now it's just some DVDs I have, not actual classes...but as you can imagine, Kenai does not this very easy
Volunteer
Take more pictures
Read more
Get my place put together so I can have a "grown-up" place <-- happening slowly but surely
Cook more
Get Kenai trained so well enough so he can be off leash (and behave) when apporpiate
Go to a 49's or Raiders game AND a Giants or A's game
Own a more respectable wardrobe (but the weight loss thing sort of needs to happen first)
Next five years:
Get my bachelors
Greatly reduce my debt
Have a decent savings built up - for what? Retirement? A home? I don't know...just have something saved.
Travel - there's tons of stuff to do in the area I live in, London, a few years ago I went to Philadelphia and DC but got pretty sick while there so I spent most of the time in my hotel room I'd like to go back and actually see the sites
Indefinitely:
Don't be a douche bag
Learn from my past but don't let it haunt me
Find someone - or I should say someone(s), I don't mean in a romantically sense necessarily I just mean finding my niche
Explore more hobbies: Knitting, painting, pottery, rock climbing...whatevs
Love and be loved
Appreciate where I am - right here and right now
Feel at home in my skin
This is going to be a big year...my year of change and bettering myself. I need it...Buffalo turned me into a person I didn't like. (FYI - I think I've already said this but just to make sure - when I talk about the bad parts/people associated with Buffalo...if I've had any type of contact with you since I left you're not included in that category)
I can honestly say that this song describes how I feel about trying to turn my life around...and by getting rid of the depression I've suffered from for years. It might sound stupid, but, for me, this song signals hope. (And I f'ing love his accent)
Oh and to end on a light note - a funny goal but I seriously want to do it - own two dogs and name them Bebop and Rocksteady. I am 100% willing to change Kenai's name to make this a reality....
Good resolutions...challenging yet certainly doable.
ReplyDeleteI like the song too (and the accent!!)
Why Bebop and Rocksteady???
Love ya!
You know how when people have two dogs sometimes there's a theme among their names...these are two characters from Teenage Muntant Ninja Turtles. Eric and I came up with it back when we were dating...wow that feels weird to say at this point, so long ago...anyway, I thought it was awesome and have wanted to do it ever since...even, what, seven or eight years later.
ReplyDeleteI am bummed I couldn't listen to the song because its not allowed 'in my country' :( But I think you are the bomb- for making such challenging resolutions and I am on the sidelines cheering you on! GET IT GIRL! xo tiff**
ReplyDeleteThat's lame...well, if you're interested the song is The Cave by Mumford and Sons.
ReplyDeleteAnd thanks, I'm sure I'll need some cheering along the way. :o)
You know, it's funny I don't like to call them resolutions either, but I have many of the same ones. I just bought a new pair of running shoes 3 days ago (the first pair I've ever spent more than a hundo on!) and the next two weekends I will be me in photography class, and then there's London. Weird how we have some of the same goals. Love reading your blogs, and you WILL find your nitch!
ReplyDeleteThanks Jena! I hope your right.
ReplyDeleteYou're right...sounds like there's a lot of goals in common. Kuddos on getting started on your goals too! So jealous you get to go to London. And let me know how your photography class goes.