08 February, 2011

Since I have no social life, what's keeping me entertained these days...

I just finished the book Water For Elephants.  It was actually a decent read!  I wasn't too sure what to think going into it...especially since a few people who I've heard say it's good are people I totally don't trust their opinion (we all know a few of those people, where if they say something is good or bad you usually think just the opposite) but I kept seeing it in the book store and finally decided to give a try (on the Kindle, woot!).  I'm glad I did, it was an entertaining fiction book. Though I have to admit I had kind of a funny relationship with it - I didn't think it liked it as much as I did while I was actually reading it, let me explain: it wasn't the type of book I couldn't put down (I basically only read it during my lunch breaks), it was pretty predictable, there's a bit of a love story, which isn't usually my thing....but now that I'm done with it, I'm sort of sad!  I don't know if any of that makes sense...but yeah...I want more.

Current trash TV obsession = Toddlers & Tiaras.  (Hey, I need something to fill my crap TV void until Bridezillas starts back up.)  Oooh...myyy...goood...nutso.  I'm pretty sure this is child abuse.  And damn you Comcast on demand for making this so easy to get to!

I hate it when I meet women who totally emulate every negative stereotype there is.  I went to a coworkers Super Bowl party on Sunday...I remember why I don't like those things.  I figured since I wouldn't care less about the game, I'd be okay this time around...I was wrong.  I understand not everybody likes football but Super Bowl is when everyone watches football.  But why is it (every. single. time.) there's always a person that doesn't know anything about the game but also feels the need to squawk the entire game?  I mean, NEVER shut up.  I understand some girls don't like football but why can't they shut the f**k up for 10 seconds so those of us that do know what's going on can at least hear our own thoughts for half a second.  Oh and she kept asking every 10 minutes if it was halftime...this requires no knowledge of football...just how to read a god damned clock.  Ugh, I should not be allowed to interact with other people...

But it wasn't a total, there were some damn good ribs, chocolate fondue, and I made some Buffalo chicken dip...which was a big hit!  I'd never made it before but I had to make sure there was some sort of Buffalo chicken available.  I heard one guy saying how good the dip was and then my coworker responded "well she lived in Buffalo for a few years."  Like, I know some sort of local secret or something.  Ha!  Whatevs, I'll take it!  :oP

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have and don't want to create a Google or Blogger account you should be able to use the "Name/URL" or "Anonymous" (just leave your name in the comment) option from the drop down menu below the comment box when leaving a comment!