Just wanted to clarify from the previous post that when I say things like senior dosimetrist all of these terms are unofficial. All it means is that I will have been there longer than whomever we hire....a whole half a year. Yeah! Respect my authoritah! It'll mean I have seniority and that's about it. I'm hoping we hire someone with more experience than myself and someone I can learn from.
While this decision is up to several people I'm the one who will have the most say and I'm the one who will be affected the most by this, obviously. I have to spend a lot of time in the same room as this person. I haven't even seen one resume and I'm already freaking myself out over this.
What if I pick a total douche bag?
And they make my life a living hell?
I don't want to leave already...I'm still getting settled here.
...aaaand now you know what it's like to be inside my head right now and for the next couple months.
In Kenai related news:
I finally broke down and bought him some bully sticks. And, boy does he love him some bull penis! (yes, that's what bully sticks are). As gross as that is, if it keeps him busy and he's not destroying my stuff, he can chew on whatever part of the cow he wants!
I just watched this week's episode of The Office. Steve Carrell's last episode. Stupid show. Comedies aren't supposed to make you cry!
You go senior dosimetrist. Just think of it this way - the person hired probably will suck. That way, if they don't, you will be pleasantly surprised.
ReplyDeleteBully sticks rock. It's the only thing that keeps Hope still for longer than three seconds. It's too bad they smell and are so expensive. But I don't care too!
I hear you on the Goodbye, Michael episode of The Office. It's just like the last episode of That 70's Show when Eric returns and the last one of Will and Grace. I take all that time and effort to get to know these people and then they're gone.