19 May, 2011

Eye of the Tiger



Why do I have the song Eye of the Tiger posted at the beginning of this post?? Because the name of the band playing this song is Survivor and that's what I f'ing am after this week!! (and, of course, any excuse to play this song is a good one in my book.  Note to self: get leather jacket and sweet black beret) I knew this week was going to be rough but it exceeded even my expectations! Sadly there was a day where I took out some frustrations on people that did not remotely deserve it but I think/hope they know the reasons behind my actions.

A special thanks to Mom and Cody who reached out after a post I put on facebook earlier this week....
"Well, this has been one of the worst days I've had in a while...but my crazy ass dog playing with his peanut butter filled kong, breakfast for dinner, and Arrested Development shall act as my band-aid for this day."


My general state of mind recently

 The past couple weeks were actually pretty rough but it's now over.  I know today is only Thursday but as far as I'm concerned, put a fork in it because this week is done.  I don't want to get into too many details publicly on here because it is work related.  If you want the details, feel free to message me I'd be more than happy to vent.  ha  :oP



Whenever I'm having a bad day I look at my arsenal of Kenai pictures...ha.

I got off work early today because these past few weeks have been a tad stressful and the next couple may be too, and there may not be many opportunities for me to leave early for a little while.  Since it's FINALLY a nice day here (sunny and 75 degrees...you'd think I lived in CALIFORNIA or something) I took Kenai out for a walk for the first time in ages.  I forgot how much people love him.  Literally, we'll be just walking down the street, a stranger will see him bopping along, and then a big smile appears on their face...and sometimes even an "awwww" or "cute dog" is added.  It's always been this way ever since I brought him home the first day.  I thought it would have stopped when he was older/bigger but it has not at all.  Lord knows he helps me out but I'm happy he can brighten so many people's days...even if it is just for a minute or two.

Now I'm sitting on my back deck, drinking some lemonade, writing this blog (duh), going over resumes, and trying to think of interview questions.  Again, any suggestions in this arena will be appreciated.  I don't know which is worse, being the interviewER or the interviewEE.  (Okay, it's totally worse applying for a job, but I'm learning it's not much fun being on this side either.)  When the job first opened up some of the resumes I saw were...well, let's just say, nothing to get excited about.  I was getting worried...is this what I have to work with??  (And again, I ask: if this was the competition, why did I have such a hard time finding work???)  In the recent past, however, we've received some that look really promising, on paper anyway.  Two in particular.  So, now I'm feeling a little better.  Maybe after phone interviews our opinions will change...or their opinion of us....but only time will tell.  I know the chances of it working out with one of the first people we interview is slim...but, hey, you never know.  This is going to be a loooong process and this is only the beginning.  Oy...

But, hey, at least this summer I get paid to be on this side of the interviews !  :oP

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have and don't want to create a Google or Blogger account you should be able to use the "Name/URL" or "Anonymous" (just leave your name in the comment) option from the drop down menu below the comment box when leaving a comment!