14 May, 2011

Randoms

I was lucky enough to spend $1700 on my vehicle this week.  Kenai chewed through three of my seat belts a few months ago and I finally got around to getting them fixed, but the real doozy was that I found out that my tires have never been rotated...which is bad on any car but it's really bad on an all wheel drive vehicle....so I got to buy a whole new set of tires to avoid any major damage done to the vehicle.  Oy...luckily I had some money saved up so I could pay for all of that, but things will be a little tight until next Friday.  Oh well, I lived on a lot less for a lot longer in Buffalo!  And at least I can afford it now!

The Subaru has been a very good vehicle, but it seems to have a target on it for stupid things...like seat belts used as chew toys, two flat tires from running over renegade screws on the street, getting broken into....and so on.  I was talking to one of the nurses at work and she was telling me her truck is the same way.  Her truck has been broken into SEVEN times (but, wait, her story gets a whole lot crazier).  One time when her truck was broken into was while she was in Santa Cruz.  Her laptop was in there, so they broke her window and took it.  Luckily she had a hacker friend who was able to track down the IP address and location of the laptop as soon as the robber douche turned it on.  This info was given to the local authorities.  Not only was the guy who broke into her truck and stole her property a meth head but he also had some sex slave that he sold for drugs!  The city was so happy to have caught this guy and have him behind bars they paid for all damages done to her truck and computer.  Crazy, right?!?  That sounds like something from a Law & Order storyline! Not something that actually happens to someone.  So remember, when you think you're having a bad day at least you're not some crazy meth head's friggin' sex slave.  Holy crap.

-----



 Yeah, I'm going to this festival in August.  This is my first multi-day music festival!  Tickets weren't cheap (yay, for credit cards) but there are several bands I'm really looking forward to seeing.  But two in particular -- Muse and Arcade Fire.  I've been wanting to see both of these groups at least 5 years.  If I only see those two perform it will be worth Every. Damn. Penny.  I want to cry just thinking about it.

-----

You know that erie feeling you get when you think you're being watched?  Well, I had that when I woke up this morning.  I rolled over in bed and this was in my face.
He's definitely plotting my death for all of the dressing up.  If I end up dead in the next couple of weeks, tell the cops the dog did it!
-----

The good thing about living in Northern California is that it's only about 60 degrees during the winter, with a few exceptions.  The bad thing about living in Northern California is that it's only about 60 degrees during the summer, with a few exceptions

-----

Overheard a little boy telling his mom at Whole Foods:  "But mom how can you not like broccoli??  It's SO DELICIOUS!"

-----

I was telling some coworkers about Kenai's DNA test (everybody loves the Pekingese part...people now ask me how my Pekingese is doing) and I was looking for the same picture I posted on the blog of the breed he looked the most like (American Staffordshire Terrier).  But look at another picture I stumbled upon...
Look like anybody we know???

-----

I think they put something in carpet shampooers to make the water look gross when you're dumping it out not matter what. It doesn't matter how frequent, or infrequent, you shampoo, the water ends up the same creepy shade of dark gray.

-----

Danger Mouse & Daniele Luppi - Two Against One - featuring Jack White


The White Stripes might be done but Jack White continues to be his bad ass self...not that I thought that would stop.

Jane's Addiction - End to the Lies

I was hating when I first heard Jane's Addiction was coming out with a new album after so many years...but since hearing this I've ceased all hating.  Incubus is coming out with a new album and so are the Beastie Boys.  Woot!

-----

I fear I've created a monster.  Since I've given Kenai bully sticks he WILL NOT chew his other treats now...I've held out buying more bully sticks for a few weeks now thinking he'll give in and go back to his "other" treats...he has not.  I'm the one who has given in and bought some more bully sticks today...damn those things are expensive!
Mmmmm...bull schlong

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have and don't want to create a Google or Blogger account you should be able to use the "Name/URL" or "Anonymous" (just leave your name in the comment) option from the drop down menu below the comment box when leaving a comment!