26 June, 2011

Leaving (for) Las Vegas

Ruh roh, I'm starting to see the beginning of some wrinkles on my forehead.  Skin, you're on notice!  Better start saving up for some botox.


I hate the fact the my answer to the question "where are you from?" is now such a politically fueled on now.  Just go the f*ck away Palin.  (I recently got into an argument with a conservative guy here (who apparently adores Palin) that ended with me telling me my opinion of Palin, or any Alaskan politics, doesn't count because since I'm from Anchorage I'm "not really from Alaska.")


This week two of my most favorite guys teamed up.  JACK WHITE was on The Colbert Report.  This made me giddy as a school girl at a Justin Bieber concert.  (In case you didn't know, seeing Jack White perform live is on my bucket list.  I would have loved for it to have been with The White Stripes but since they're no more I'll take what I can get!)


Know how I thought I lost my phone a few weeks ago?  I finally got the Suby detailed this week (been meaning to do it since I f'ing moved out here) and when I got my car back from the people cleaning it my phone was sitting in a cup holder.  I have NO CLUE where they found it...I didn't get a chance to ask them and their English was...limited.  But I searched all over the damn car!  I have mixed feelings on it turning up.  Of course, I'm happy I didn't actually lose it but, I'm not even going to lie, after going through of the motions of getting a new phone I'm kind of annoyed it turned up.  FYI - I have found the worst job in the world -- detailing cars outside when it's 95 degrees.


Working in Radiation Oncology we ALWAYS get gifts and treats from patients (especially at the clinic I'm at now). This takes the award for favorite gift. It's a drawing of (most of) the doctors, nurses, therapists, and front office staff. No physics or dosimetry love but that's to be expected. I love this anyway!


 Alright, I should get packing.  I leave for Vegas in a few hours.  (My brain still has a hard time comprehending that I can go to the airport, fly somewhere worthwhile, and it doesn't need to take all day!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have and don't want to create a Google or Blogger account you should be able to use the "Name/URL" or "Anonymous" (just leave your name in the comment) option from the drop down menu below the comment box when leaving a comment!