The flies are bad where I live. Actually I'm not even sure they are flies, all I know is that they are bugs that fly around around in circles and annoy the hell out of me (and aren't mosquitoes). Anyway, yesterday I bought some fly trap/killer thing. It's not fly paper, it's some packet you put in water and put a cover on it, the flies are attracted to it and blah blah blah.
Apparently, Kenai is part bug....somehow they missed that on his genealogy results. I'm not sure how well the thing has worked on the real bugs, but he would NOT leave the thing alone yesterday. Of course he wouldn't listen when I told me "leave it", so I tried distracting him with toys, putting up blockades, but I finally had to put it in a candle holder (that's what the white thing is) so he at least couldn't knock it over when sniffing it. He has a one track mind, so when he is focused on something there is NO stopping him...and he is way more stubborn, and often times smarter, than I am.
![]() |
| Musca domestica Linnaeus |
This morning I was worried he OD'd on the inhaling the "fly water" because he went to bed way early last night and didn't eat his breakfast this morning (unheard of)!
But, fear not Kenai fans, he's back to his normal, charming self and then some this evening.

This is similar to how Sierra learned the word "hot". When she was a puppy she would not stop "smelling" candles...and the leave it command was of no use. I started telling her that it was hot (yes, I often speak to her like a person) and after she sniffed too close once and burned her little whiskers anytime I told her something was hot after that she stayed a safe distance.
ReplyDeleteI talk to Kenai like he's a person all the time. When he's really annoying me, I sit down with him and explain why he's making me mad...I'm not crazy enough to think it actually does anything but it makes me feel better. (And Kenai have yet to learn from the "smelling" candles thing)
ReplyDeleteOh and I tell him "bless you" whenever he sneezes.